The New Year and resolutions go together. Most people want to be better versions of themselves–eat better, exercise more, volunteer more… . If running or fitness is on your list, we have great news for you!
When you join Team Resilience, Erika’s Lighthouse will help you train to run in the 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. You will be coached to succeed at one of the world’s most prestigious running events. and you will be raising funds to help teens cope with depression and to help prevent teen suicide.
There are a lot of benefits to running in the marathon with us:
- Guaranteed entry in the 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Race entry reimbursement (value of $205)
- Multi-level group training program from Coach Mark Buciak of The Road to Boston, LLC
- Fundraising support and platform
- Team Resilience race shirt
- Pre-race team pasta dinner
- Monthly prize incentives for fundraising
- Start to finish inspiration and encouragement from Team Resilience supporters
- Post-race team celebration
- A private VIP runner’s lounge on race day for bag check, private bathrooms, refreshments, stretching from personal training and a place to meet friends and family
- The amazing feeling of racing for a cause and bringing awareness to teenage depression
Here’s what you get while training with Coach Mark:
- A daily individualized training schedule for a 25-week training program (others are typically 18 weeks)
- Weekly e-mail newsletters with training tips and encouragement
- Weekly fundraising tips to help you achieve and surpass your fundraising goal
- Weekly Saturday runs and Thursday evening fun runs
- Virtual training for those who can’t attend Saturday runs, have complicated schedules, or live out of town
- Pre-run warm-up and stretching sessions plus the training tip of the day
- Post-run cool-down, stretching, core sessions and Q & A with Coach Mark
- Free injury screenings by physical therapists at Athletico Physical Therapy
- Nutritional advice for runners and healthy recipes
- Discounts on brand name running shoes and apparel
- A post-season Victory Celebration
When you fundraise for Erika’s Lighthouse, you’re helping prevent suicides and bust the stigma of depression. Our goal is to empower teens to seek help by getting free educational materials in the hands of schools – your contributions and your fundraising successes allows Erika’s Lighthouse to continually extend its reach.
I ran for a better future for mental health, where kids know and believe they are not alone!
2019 Team Resilience Runner
Here are some ways you can raise $1,750:
- Post on Facebook
- Post on Twitter
- Post on Instagram
- Email your friends & family
- Attend networking events
- Host a fundraising event
- Create a text chain
- Handwritten notes
- Employer match
- Ask a friend with a business to donate a portion of a day’s profits
We’ve had a lot of people donate after our marathoners post on various social media outlets…It is an effective way to enable you friends and family to support teen suicide prevention !
Not a long distance runner? Many past participants were also first-time marathoners. Team Resilience supports you every step of the way. If you are interested in running, we only have a few spots left…the time to act is now!