Erika’s Lighthouse believes that practicing good mental health is just as important for educators and administrators as it is for students. Schools can create a culture of wellness by providing staff with the resources and support they need to maintain their mental health. Erika’s Lighthouse offers a variety of resources to help educators and administrators foster an environment of good mental health practices. Our Staff Wellbeing Activities include:
- Good Mental Health Posters
- School Wide Activities
- Mindful Meetings
- Self Care Stations
- Coffee & Stress
- Table Tents
- Peer-to-Peer Activities
- Positivity Shout-Outs
- Catch Kindness
- Individual Activities
- Self-Care guide
- 5-minute brain break
- Mental Health Bingo
When staff are mentally well, they are more likely to:
- Be present and engaged in their work: When staff are feeling stressed or overwhelmed, it can be difficult for them to focus on their work.
- Be supportive of their students: When staff are feeling good about themselves, they are more likely to be patient, understanding, and supportive of their students. This can lead to improved student outcomes.
- Be resilient in the face of challenges: When staff are able to manage their stress and cope with challenges, they are more likely to bounce back from setbacks and continue to be effective in their work.
- When staff take care of their mental health they are modeling good mental health practices for students. Allowing students to see the importance of being mentally well.
By taking steps to promote staff mental wellness, schools can create a positive learning environment for the entire school community.